Hard Reset Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Searching online using Google for directions to preform a hard reset on a Sprint HTC Touch Pro will result in many different versions. Below are the directions I’ve found which worked on my Sprint HTC Touch Pro.
Directions for a Hard Reset on a Sprint HTC Touch Pro:
- Turn the device off (Some directions indicate leaving the device on, for Sprint this is not true)
- Hold the volume down and enter key (enter key is center of the d-pad)
- Press and hold the Power On key while still holding the volume down and enter key.
- Within a few seconds there will be a prompt, confirming the complete deletion of all data. Release the volume down, enter and power keys. At this prompt, press the volume up key and all data will be deleted.
- Hard Reset has now been completed. The phone will restart, prompt for screen alignment, provide a tutorial, HTC and Sprint will install their extra software, phone will restart and everything should be good to go!
Any questions, Sprint Technical support should be able to assist 1-888-211-4727.